Welcome to the first in a series of Boats Ibiza’s new Celebrity Sailors in Ibiza feature articles. We’re fortunate enough to meet quite a few celebs in our line of work and sometimes, we’re lucky enough to sit down and have a proper chat with them, usually whilst cruising around, exploring beautiful Ibiza and Formentera coastlines, quaffing cava and messin’ around with cool water toys. Truth!
In this, our first instalment, we chat with one very charming Boats Ibiza client, James Hill. A serial entrepreneur, 2014 contestant of the BBC’s Young Apprentice and winner of 2015 Celebrity Big Brother, James was evidently born with the quintessential entrepreneurial gene. Since he was a young schoolboy, he’s been wheelin’ and dealin.’ Owner of multiple successful businesses from a very young age, he’s recently added rolling through UK prime time TV like a human cannonball to his already exceptional resumé. Energetic, dynamic and it has to be said, extremely good-looking, ladies may be interested to know that James has a very nice 2016 calendar out right now. You’re welcome 😉
Since Ibiza is an island bursting at the seams with entrepreneurs, all jostling for the business of one of the World’s most popular and lucrative tourist destinations, we decided to ask James for his views on Ibiza and business. Is the White Isle a land of opportunity? Where are the Ibiza’s entrepreneurial hotspots and will Brexit be good, or bad for the island?
Boats Ibiza: When did you first visit Ibiza and who did you come with?
James: I first visited Ibiza last month on a photoshoot which I managed to turn into a trip with my friends. I’d never been, although I was aware it seemed pretty popular! I thought – I need to see what it’s all about…
Boats Ibiza: What impressed you most about the island?
James: I was very impressed with the beauty of the island. I got to explore some amazing locations.
Boats Ibiza: What surprised you most about the island?
James: The size! I didn’t realise how conveniently small it actually is.
Boats Ibiza: What’s your favourite thing to do in Ibiza?
James: Partying and soaking up the beautiful weather of course!
Boats Ibiza: If you were thinking of opening a business in Ibiza, which direction would you be looking in?
James: I find the beach clubs a very intriguing proposition, I’ve done my fag packet calculations and they seem to be pretty healthy businesses.
Boats Ibiza: What’s the best piece of advice you’d give to anyone going into business for the first time?
James: Focus and take your time! Know your industry and do your market research.
Boats Ibiza: Do you think your entrepreneurial skills helped you to win Celebrity Big Brother?
James: I think being in business from a young age has given me life and people skills which have definitely helped me to understand how people think and adapt to different personalities – important in the mad house of life!
Boats Ibiza: What do you think is the most important characteristic of a successful entrepreneur?
James: I think determination and hunger are things that you’re born with! However, it’s very important to understand your strengths and weaknesses in business and have the ability to work and see strength in other people.
Boats Ibiza: What do you think is the most common mistake people make when setting up a new business?
James: Setting up a new business isn’t easy! it takes blood, sweat and tears. A lot of people give up too easily. You need to stay focused and providing you’ve got the right business model you should get there eventually. Anything worth having isn’t easy!
Boats Ibiza: Do you think Brexit will have a positive or negative impact on tourism to Ibiza from the UK?
James: It’s a tough call. I don’t think anyone has the answers right now. However, regardless of the UK’s status, people will always go on holiday. Ibiza is an island with a lot to offer and a Brit favourite. Best not to be distracted by Brexit, continue to offer people an amazing experience and people will continue to visit.
Now, over to you, dear reader. Do you have a brilliant business idea burning in your mind that you’d like to get some professional business feedback on? Maybe you’ve just gone into business and would like to know how to take it to the next level? Wherever you’re at in your business, advice from those at the top can be worth its weight in gold.
That’s why we’re delighted to say we’ve teamed up with James to offer one lucky reader the chance to win an hour-long business consultation with him personally via Skype, plus a sunset trip on our super speedy Rinker sports boat for the winner and 8 friends!
To enter, send a short summary (no more than 100 words) of your business or idea along with up to 3 questions for James to email@example.com. He’ll have a look at all the entries and pick the best and most interesting questions, combined with the business idea he thinks has the most potential. The best entry will be picked by James on July 30th and we’ll announce the winner the next day. Good luck!
Keep checking our blog for what’s hot in Ibiza throughout the 2016 season, or follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter to be the first to hear about special deals and discounts!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – COMPETITION
1. The promoter is Boats Ibiza whose registered office is at 804AP Correos San Antonio, Ibiza 07820.
2. Employees of Boats Ibiza or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are shown in the article above.
5. Closing date for entry will be July 30th, 2016. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
Entrants must write a summary of their business or idea (no more than 100 words) along with up to three questions for James to firstname.lastname@example.org. James will personally choose the entry with the best business potential along with the most interesting question.
The winner gets a sunset trip (3.5hrs) exploring the coastline of Ibiza on our 26ft Rinker speedboat, on a date of the winner’s choice (subject to availability) along with a one-hour Skype consultation with James Hill to be organised at a mutually convenient time. Standard Boats Ibiza rental terms and conditions apply.
7a. The winner will provide Boats Ibiza with full details of their chosen guests no less than 4 weeks before the boat trip.
7b. Boats Ibiza shall not be liable for any accidents, breakages, damages or any other liabilities regarding the winner nor their personal guests. Guests are responsible for their own good conduct at all times.
7c. Boats Ibiza has full insurance for your boat trip, however, guests must make their own personal travel insurance arrangements.
7d. Guests are responsible for the cost of their own travel arrangements, including flights, transfers and transport. Boats Ibiza is in no way liable for missed or cancelled flights nor failure to arrive at the meeting point on time.
7e. Boats Ibiza are not responsible for organising the Skype consultation with James Hill. The winner will be put in contact personally with James to arrange a mutually convenient time.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, prohibitive weather conditions or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of similar value without giving notice.
11. The winner will be chosen by James Hill from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
12. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Spanish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Spain.
17. The winner and their guests agree to the use of his/her names and images in any publicity material and give permission for a Boats Ibiza representative to take photos and / or video footage during the trip. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Spanish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 804AP Correos San Antonio, Ibiza 07820
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Boats Ibiza and not to any other party.
Keep checking our blog for what's hot in Ibiza throughout the 2020 season, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter to be the first to hear about special Boats Ibiza deals and discounts!